News: Welcome to the Tiger Fan Forum! Please log-in or sign-up!

• March 28, 2024, 04:58:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome Guest to The Tiger Fan Forum!
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Premium Member, you will have access to custom avatars, personalized listings, a special forum, and more. TheTigerFanForum.com is almost entirely user funded, so Premium Memberships keeps The TFF running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at TigerFanForum@gmail.com, and please read the Forum Policies section first.

Author Topic: Herschel Walker’s nephew a good catch  (Read 2110 times)

Offline ClemsonTiger

• Administrator
    • The Tiger Fan Forum
Herschel Walker’s nephew a good catch
« on: August 25, 2016, 12:27:50 PM »
Herschel Walker’s nephew a good catch

By: Scott Keepfer, Greenvillenewssc.com

CLEMSON – When Milan Richard talks to his uncle, legendary former Georgia football star Herschel Walker, it takes a while for the conversation to turn to football.

“He asks about school and we usually talk about family,” Richard said. “He just wants to know how I’m doing.”

Eventually, however, the topic of football is unavoidable.

“Most of the time I have to bring it up,” Richard said. “But when I do, he’s all for it.”

Walker, the 1982 Heisman Trophy winner, is all for his nephew, too, which explains why there’s a good chance that Walker will be in a Saturday crowd atClemson’s Memorial Stadium this season.

“He says he’s coming to a game,” Richard said.

In the meantime, Richard has been taking giant steps toward improving his.

A healthy competition has resulted behind starting tight end Jordan Leggett, and Richard is firmly in the mix.

“The competition is bringing out the best in each of us,” said Richard, a 6foot-2, 250-pound redshirt sophomore from Savannah, Georgia.

Leggett has enjoyed a front-row seatfor the competition, which also includes sophomore Garrett Williams, who appeared in all 15 games last season, junior D.J. Greenlee, and sophomore Cannon Smith.

“They all have different strengths,” Leggett said. “Milan kind of showed that he can stretch the field and make plays in the scrimmage the other day. Garrett’s just a guy that you can depend on; he’s just a very consistent guy in the blocking game and he can also run routes.

“You have guys like D.J. Greenlee and Cannon Smith, those bigger-body guys, you’re going to see them a lot on three-down tight ends and stuff like that. There are a lot of good things out there in the tight end room.”

Richard continued his progression last week.

He shined in the Tigers’ final stadium scrimmage of fall camp a week ago, catching four passes for 48 yards. He also had a 30-yard reception negated by a penalty.

“Milan had a great scrimmage the other day, so I’m kind of excited for him,” Leggett said. “He’s kind of stepped up into that role, so it’s just going to be fun to see.

“Yeah, he’s definitely looked good these past couple days. He’s been taking to coaching from coach (Danny) Pearman and he’s really taken it from the meeting rooms to the field and it’s really good to see. Coach Swinney recognized it the other day in the huddle. We’ve been looking for that guy who’s going to step up into that role and Milan’s kind of been working his way up to the top.”

Milan credits an altered approach for his improvement.

“This year I’ve had a day-by-day mentality, trying to win each day,” he said. “Last year I think I got overwhelmed, butthis year I’m focused on winning each rep.

“We’re all great friends and it’s just the next-man-up mentality. Somebody goes in and gets a few reps and then wethrow the next man in and let him go. We’re trying to get to where there’s no drop-off. We have confidence that everybody can do the job.”

For the original article click Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?