News: Welcome to the Tiger Fan Forum! Please log-in or sign-up!

• March 28, 2024, 05:28:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome Guest to The Tiger Fan Forum!
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Premium Member, you will have access to custom avatars, personalized listings, a special forum, and more. TheTigerFanForum.com is almost entirely user funded, so Premium Memberships keeps The TFF running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at TigerFanForum@gmail.com, and please read the Forum Policies section first.

Author Topic: Could this be Tahj Boyd's Jersey?  (Read 6065 times)

Offline Tiger Man 94

• Premium Member
  • All In!
Could this be Tahj Boyd's Jersey?
« on: April 01, 2013, 08:57:34 PM »
Found this on ebay today. Looks sketchy.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:06:25 PM by Tiger Man 94 »

Offline TigerFanatic12

• Tiger Kitten
Re: Could this be Tahj Boyd's Jersey?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 09:02:21 PM »
I can see a few problems with this.
1. The Clemson A.D. doesn't normally write the players name on the lower tag, well I have never seen it on any GU jersey from them.
2. The newer jersey's say "ALL IN" on the collar and this one does not.
3. Boyd never wore a size 46, I think.

Just looks like someone took a reserve jersey, scribbled some sharpie on the lower tag and slapped a 10 on it.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 09:05:42 PM by TigerFanatic12 »

Offline Tiger Man 94

• Premium Member
  • All In!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 09:08:30 PM »
Yeah I kind of thought it was too good to be true. I also wouldn't think that Boyd would let go of any of his jersey's since he is still a current player and I know for a fact that Clemson does not sell their jerseys anymore.

Offline CU1995

• Alumni
  • ALL IN
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 09:10:16 PM »
I agree with TigerFanatic12. All of the new jerseys that Clemson has been using, I have sen ALL IN on the collar. Doesn't Boyd have longer sleeves on his jersey? I mean this jersey looks like it was a receiver's jersey the way the arms have been cut.

Offline Clemson Girl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 09:16:18 PM »
If it looks too good to be true, then it probably is. I bet you that the reason that person put it on ebay was because they think that some uneducated person will throw money at it without doing their research.

To let you know I have seen some of these newer ones for sale on craigslist that are blank. I bet you this is one of them. Also if it was really Boyd's jersey it would not be in as good of a shape as the one on ebay. It would have some stains, tears or show some sort of use.

Offline ClemsonTiger

• Administrator
    • The Tiger Fan Forum
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 09:22:16 PM »
There is no concrete proof that was a GU jersey. I do not think I would take a $100+ gamble on something like that. Now if it was $30, then yes I would take that risk, but without any kind of photo matching, signs of wear/use and no documentation, I highly doubt it is what it seems to be. As goes the old saying, buyer beware.

Offline ClemsonTiger

• Administrator
    • The Tiger Fan Forum
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 12:27:26 AM »
Proof this is not Boyd's jersey. The jersey on ebay is a 46, Boyd wears a 44. Look at the size label at the bottom of the jersey it is a 44.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:47:34 AM by ClemsonTiger »

Offline CU1995

• Alumni
  • ALL IN
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 12:43:51 AM »
Nice pic grab. Oh well. Got my hopes up..

Offline Tiger Man 94

• Premium Member
  • All In!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 12:45:18 AM »
Agh. Can't argue with evidence. Damn man you even found a pic of the white one in question.

Offline TigerFanatic12

• Tiger Kitten
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 12:50:46 AM »
Yep that is pretty clear that it is a 44. Thanks for posting.

Offline Clemson Girl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 04:27:35 PM »
Just saw that it also has a reserve. For all we know it could be at $300. That would be a reasonable price for a real Boyd jersey, or if it had some sort of proof that he might have worn it, but not worth it for this one. You can also that the sleeves on the one he is wearing are a bit longer.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:29:19 PM by Clemson Girl »

Offline Pawsome06

• Alumni
  • C-L-E-M-S-O-N
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 04:26:59 AM »
Hey, I saw this a day or so ago. This thread is actually what made me register. Sucks that it isnt his.

Offline Pawsome06

• Alumni
  • C-L-E-M-S-O-N
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2013, 11:12:17 PM »
Can't believe someone forked out $400 for a jersey that wasn't even his.

Offline Tiger Man 94

• Premium Member
  • All In!
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 11:13:50 PM »
I know. They still didn't pass the reserve price. Who puts a reserve on a jersey they can not confirm to be boyd's for over $400?

Offline ClemsonTiger

• Administrator
    • The Tiger Fan Forum
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2013, 11:22:53 PM »
Even if it was his, having a reserve that high for a jersey for a player that has not won a national championship, a Heisman, etc, is just way too much without provenance. Maybe if they could validate that it was worn for a significant game or actually worn by Boyd. All in all $400 is just too much for something that has so many red flags. I acquired a centennial full uniform, a Raymond Priester centennial patch home jersey, and a centennial helmet for about the same amount of money, and they were auctions as well with authentication. The Raymond jersey is worth more than Tajh's jersey (no offense he is an awesome athlete and one of my favorites) because he set and still holds the Rushing yards record for a single game, season, and career for Clemson and wore that jersey the whole season he set those records. The only Boyd jersey that would probably bring more would be the one he wore for the ACC championship and possibly the last Chick-fil-a Bowl when they won over LSU (maybe). The main problem with that jersey is that there is no documentation, the size does not match (as shown above) and the seller could not give any information on its provenance. With all of that then you might get $400 just because he is a hot current player right now and people get caught up in it all and are blinded by that fact. For the buyers sake I hope he ends up somehow being able to prove that Boyd wore that size and wore that jersey to justify what they spent.

EDIT: Fixed some spelling errors.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 02:34:30 AM by ClemsonTiger »