News: Welcome to the Tiger Fan Forum! Please log-in or sign-up!

• March 28, 2024, 06:28:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome Guest to The Tiger Fan Forum!
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Premium Member, you will have access to custom avatars, personalized listings, a special forum, and more. TheTigerFanForum.com is almost entirely user funded, so Premium Memberships keeps The TFF running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at TigerFanForum@gmail.com, and please read the Forum Policies section first.

Author Topic: Ideas for a Mobile #Clemson Museum, Need Your Input  (Read 2976 times)

Offline ClemsonTiger

• Administrator
    • The Tiger Fan Forum
Ideas for a Mobile #Clemson Museum, Need Your Input
« on: June 29, 2016, 08:20:44 PM »
Well, it seems as though our vision for a brick and mortar Clemson museum is sort of out of reach for us at the moment (A building downtown alone can cost from $2-3 million), so instead we are thinking about building a mobile version that we can set-up every home game. Some ideas are to make a stand-alone display that we can set-up and break-down every home game, make one into a trailer, or use an old transport vehicle and turn the inside into a display.

You can see our vision for a Clemson Museum here -->https://slate.adobe.com/cp/NOqWE/

We are welcoming any new ideas, and also ways to cut down on cost as we do not have much money do start on this project. We were planning on it to be free to all fans, but may have to charge $1 to help fund and help maintain it all. Actually thought to charge $2, and people can pay with a $2 bill. We would also offer face painting and stamps to stamp your currency.

In an ideal world, we would love for someone to donate a covered trailer they no longer need, or one they are willing to let go and then we can go in and build it out.

Submit your ideas below!

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:25:26 PM by ClemsonTiger »

Offline ClemsonTiger

• Administrator
    • The Tiger Fan Forum
Re: Ideas for a Mobile #Clemson Museum, Need Your Input
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 12:04:33 PM »
I have figured out that I will not charge, but will ask for donations like regular museums do. Also like stated before we will have face painting for the kids (and kids at heart) as well as free paw stamp on currency.

Really looking for ideas on how to do the mobile display. Should I build one I can tear down and take, or build it in a trailer. If it was a trailer, I would be able to lock it up during the game as well as no setup time, but I do not currently have the funds for a $12,000 trailer.

Need ideas!!

Offline 81Champions

• 1981 National Champions!
Re: Ideas for a Mobile #Clemson Museum, Need Your Input
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 01:19:55 PM »
If you can't get a trailer, what about making a standing display that folds open? Kind of like two shadow boxes with a hinge. You could have multiple and somehow attach them together.
C-L-E-M-S-OOO-N!