News: Welcome to the Tiger Fan Forum! Please log-in or sign-up!

• March 28, 2024, 02:16:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome Guest to The Tiger Fan Forum!
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Premium Member, you will have access to custom avatars, personalized listings, a special forum, and more. TheTigerFanForum.com is almost entirely user funded, so Premium Memberships keeps The TFF running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at TigerFanForum@gmail.com, and please read the Forum Policies section first.

Author Topic: UF Still After Cain Despite His Clemson Commitment  (Read 3263 times)

Offline ClemsonTiger

• Administrator
    • The Tiger Fan Forum
UF Still After Cain Despite His Clemson Commitment
« on: June 07, 2014, 07:10:19 PM »
UF still after Cain despite his Clemson commitment
By: Zach Abolverdi, gatorsports.com

Florida is trying to flip a receiver committed to Clemson for the third consecutive year.

The Gators were able to do it in the 2013 cycle with Demarcus Robinson, but they couldn’t change the mind of Artavis Scott in the last class.

Now UF will try its luck with Deon Cain, a U.S. Army All-American who pledged to the Tigers on May 30.

One week removed from that decision, he was back on Florida’s campus Friday for Will Muschamp’s 7-on-7 tournament for high school teams. Afterward, Cain and his mother walked up to the UF football offices and meet with the coaches for almost an hour.

“Mostly, they were pretty much being generous, just telling me congratulations on the commit,” Cain said. “They’re still going to recruit me hard until signing day. He mostly just kept saying, ‘It’s a long way until signing day.’ So they are going to keep coming hard at me.”

Florida finished No. 2 for Cain followed by Miami, another school remaining in contact. Cain said something would have to go wrong with Clemson for him back off his commitment, but he doubts that will happen.

“It’s good that Florida still has interest in me,” he said. “But I committed to a school, so I’m 100 percent to Clemson.”

The 6-foot-1, 190-pounder goes on a bus tour next week that will make stops at Clemson, N.C. State and Wake Forest. Cain would like to take official visits in the fall if the Tigers give him permission, but he knows taking those kind of trips could be difficult.

“It’s kind of hard because, you know, the coaches … they don’t take no for an answer,” he said. “They just keep coming harder, so it’s kind of complicated because they are always on my back.”

The Gators are one of the teams still hanging on from behind, but they don’t have malicious intent in Cain’s eyes.

“They’re not trying to pressure me or anything,” he said. “They’re just going to keep recruiting me, and I really respect Florida for how they’re coming at me and treating me. They’re not stabbing me in the back from (the Clemson commitment

For the original article click Here

Offline CU1995

• Alumni
  • ALL IN
Re: UF Still After Cain Despite His Clemson Commitment
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 07:13:21 PM »
Really Florida? Well I guess if you are desperate enough to keep Muschamp, then you would do something like this.

Offline TigerFanatic12

• Tiger Kitten
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 07:23:52 PM »
Go home Florida, your drunk.

Offline TrueTiger

• Clemson fan since birth!
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 07:25:05 PM »
Kinda expected them to pull something like this after the season they had.

Offline bchtiger328

• Alumni
  • Tiger Alum, IPTAY REP, season tix holder, ORANGE!
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 08:15:48 PM »
As long as he stands true to his commitment and not take any other visits like he mentioned in another article then we are fine. If you were Florida would you stop recruiting? I wouldn't. He is a super talent. Glad we got him and hopefully RR McCloud follows suit at camp.
"Carolina is in Chapel Hill, USC is in California, and The University in this state always has been and always will be Clemson." Coach Dabo Swinney