News: Welcome to the Tiger Fan Forum! Please log-in or sign-up!

• April 28, 2024, 05:42:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome Guest to The Tiger Fan Forum!
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Premium Member, you will have access to custom avatars, personalized listings, a special forum, and more. TheTigerFanForum.com is almost entirely user funded, so Premium Memberships keeps The TFF running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at TigerFanForum@gmail.com, and please read the Forum Policies section first.

Author Topic: Reports say SMU will hire Clemson OC Chad Morris lead rebuilding of program  (Read 2289 times)

Offline ClemsonTiger

• Administrator
    • The Tiger Fan Forum
Reports say SMU will hire Clemson OC Chad Morris lead rebuilding of program
By: Kevin McGuire, nbcsports.com

The job search at SMU has reportedly come to a close, although there is no official word confirming this information at this time. According to multiple reports surfacing Thursday night, SMU will hire Clemson offensive coordinator Chad Morris to be its next head coach.

The news was first reported by Cemetery Hill. Chip Brown of Horns Digest later reported the same information.

Morris is the highest-paid assistant coach college football according to a recent database of coaching salaries in college football compiled by USA Today. Though the highest-paid assistant coach in the game, Morris has continued to be a potential head coaching option if the right job came along. Is SMU the best fit for Morris?

If this does come together as it is being reported, Morris could have a shot at building something at SMU. The program has nowhere to go but up, so he would need to be guaranteed some time to put his plans in motion. This means solid job security for Morris, a Texas native. Being a native of the state should help open some recruiting doors as well. Just because SMU is in Texas though, des not mean recruiting will come easy.

There is also the impact this would have on Clemson. Morris has been a terrific asset for Dabo Swinney’s coaching staff, and the offense has thrived at times under his sideline leadership. If Morris is leaving for SMU, when he would leave the Tigers is also unknown. Clemson plays South Carolina this weekend.

For the original article click Here

Offline Tiger Man 94

• Premium Member
  • All In!
I doubt he will go. The way Dabo is doing this right now and building the program, what if Chad leaves and misses out on a great program? I know a head coaching job is great and pays well, but what if we win a NC? I doubt SMU will be in the running anytime soon.

Offline bchtiger328

• Alumni
  • Tiger Alum, IPTAY REP, season tix holder, ORANGE!
Not sure on this one. I know he wants to go to a power 5 conference team, but it is close to his old stomping ground. Then again he is a big family man, and not sure if he wanted to leave with his kids at Clemson. Figures SMU side would release this information right before SC game to give players all kinds of distractions. But I believe he ultimately stays.
"Carolina is in Chapel Hill, USC is in California, and The University in this state always has been and always will be Clemson." Coach Dabo Swinney

Offline Pawsome06

• Alumni
  • C-L-E-M-S-O-N
I know it is every coaches dream to be head coach, but why leave a program that is clearly building to be a championship contending team? Also a lot of these recruits committed  because of Chad's coaching style, etc. Hope he at least stays for another 2-3 years...