News: Welcome to the Tiger Fan Forum! Please log-in or sign-up!

• March 28, 2024, 10:32:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome Guest to The Tiger Fan Forum!
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Premium Member, you will have access to custom avatars, personalized listings, a special forum, and more. TheTigerFanForum.com is almost entirely user funded, so Premium Memberships keeps The TFF running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at TigerFanForum@gmail.com, and please read the Forum Policies section first.

Author Topic: Serious scenarios in which we win it all  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Tiger Man 94

• Premium Member
  • All In!
Serious scenarios in which we win it all
« on: January 05, 2016, 08:28:13 PM »
I would like to know, basically, what are our chances to win? I know we are good at stopping the run, so I am hoping we can shut down Henry. Here is what I think we have to do to win:

1. Run Deshaun
2. Feed Gallman in the redzone more and for short 3rd downs
3. Our defense does what they do
4. Some deep balls downfield
5. Flush Coker out of the pocket as he isn't a very good mobile QB
6. Stop the run (Henry)

If you really think about it, all of the above is really not a hard task since we have been doing it all season. Just need to quit making mistakes that cost yardage and don;t fumble the ball. I am more worried about the refs considering it seems they have been against us since day one.

Offline TrueTiger

• Clemson fan since birth!
Re: Serious scenarios in which we win it all
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 02:25:18 PM »
Good points, but I think we just need to play like we have been and we will be ok. Like you said, I wonder how bad the refs are going to be.

Offline bchtiger328

• Alumni
  • Tiger Alum, IPTAY REP, season tix holder, ORANGE!
Re: Serious scenarios in which we win it all
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 10:01:48 PM »
If Deshan can get at least 50 to 65 yards rushing, and Gallman can get close to 100 we win. Our D will be able to limit Henry, and our secondary will be an island of rock-impenetrable. Their OLine should allow us to get to Coker pressure wise, and I believe our OCs can come up with a good scheme to keep the chains moving.

My main concern is lack of rotation/depth on our D Line as we have seen if a few games toward latter part of season, and what percentage (health) Lawson will be at come game time.

We need to score first and often, but realistically should be a close game with our Tigers winning by 3. There are just too many coincidences to the '81 team/season not to think that the Tigers are the team of destiny for this year in CFB.

"Carolina is in Chapel Hill, USC is in California, and The University in this state always has been and always will be Clemson." Coach Dabo Swinney