News: Welcome to the Tiger Fan Forum! Please log-in or sign-up!

• March 28, 2024, 11:55:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome Guest to The Tiger Fan Forum!
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Premium Member, you will have access to custom avatars, personalized listings, a special forum, and more. TheTigerFanForum.com is almost entirely user funded, so Premium Memberships keeps The TFF running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at TigerFanForum@gmail.com, and please read the Forum Policies section first.

Author Topic: Nation’s No. 1 QB favoring Clemson over Tennessee  (Read 2797 times)

Offline TigerCub

• Administrator
  • Go Tigers!
Nation’s No. 1 QB favoring Clemson over Tennessee
« on: December 13, 2015, 09:18:31 PM »
Nation’s No. 1 QB favoring Clemson over Tennessee
By: Chris Kirschner, SECcountry.com

The nation’s No. 1 quarterback is favoring an ACC school over an SEC program at the moment.

Trevor Lawrence, a 2018 5-star prospect from Cartersville (Ga.) High School, doesn’t have a concrete No. 1 school, but if he had to choose one, he knows which college he’d call his leader.

“I’m not really clear who my leader is right now, but I’d say Clemson if anything,” Lawrence told SEC Country.

The 6-foot-5, 191-pounder grew up a Tennessee fan, and Lawrence says Clemson has the edge over the Volunteers because of one key reason.

“I would say just because of their success right now,” Lawrence said. “I’ve been to both places, and they are both great schools, great areas. I really like Clemson and Tennessee, too, so it’s close.”

Lawrence grew up a little over an hour away from Neyland Stadium, and most recruiting experts believe that’s where he’ll end up playing college football. But the sophomore standout wants to be clear that his childhood allegiance to Tennessee isn’t going to play a factor when he chooses a school.

“That doesn’t really affect me at all,” he said. “I’m going to go to the school where I fit in best and where I can be successful.”

Lawrence helped lead Cartersville High School to a state championship Saturday night. His school shut out Buford High School 10-0 in the AAAA Georgia state championship.

He is rated as the nation’s No. 1 overall prospect in the class of 2018.

For the original article click Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?