News: Welcome to the Tiger Fan Forum! Please log-in or sign-up!

• March 28, 2024, 03:03:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome Guest to The Tiger Fan Forum!
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Premium Member, you will have access to custom avatars, personalized listings, a special forum, and more. TheTigerFanForum.com is almost entirely user funded, so Premium Memberships keeps The TFF running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at TigerFanForum@gmail.com, and please read the Forum Policies section first.

Author Topic: Bleacher Report's Expert College Football Predictions for #Clemson  (Read 2367 times)

Offline ClemsonTiger

• Administrator
    • The Tiger Fan Forum
Bleacher Report's Expert College Football Predictions for #Clemson
« on: September 28, 2016, 01:51:06 PM »
Bleacher Report's Expert College Football Predictions for Clemson

Will Lamar Jackson, Louisville Outperform Deshaun Watson, Clemson?

Kramer

Let me start by saying I have minimal confidence in the words I am about to write. I spent a few hours trying to think of how this game will go, and those few hours provided little. On that note, I am picking Clemson to beat the hottest program and hottest player in college football.

First off, the best is still out there for Deshaun Watson and the pieces around him. I also love what I have seen early on from the Clemson defense—especially the front seven—and it will slow down Lamar Jackson enough. What a glorious, beautiful game this will be. That much I know.

Sallee

This will be Watson's coming-out party—or the sequel to his coming-out party. The former Heisman Trophy finalist got off to a bit of a slow start this season, but a 300-yard passing game on the road Thursday night got the ball rolling. Watson will pick up steam this week with a Heisman-esque performance against the Cardinals and a win over Heisman favorite Lamar Jackson, vaulting Clemson further up the rankings.

Walsh

Jackson will outperform Watson statistically, yes, but Clemson will win the game due to its defense. The reason why Jackson will post better numbers is because the Cardinals will be behind, thus forcing Louisville to try and rely on him more and more as the game progresses. Clemson’s defense will do just enough for the Tigers to pull out a dramatic win. 

Axelrod

While so much will and has been made about the quarterback battle, the reality is that this is a matchup between two entire rosters. From that standpoint, Clemson has a clear advantage—although one could have said the same thing about Florida State before the Cardinals crushed the 'Noles. More times than not, however, the more talented roster comes out on top. From that perspective, I'm taking the Tigers on Saturday.

Couch

First, Jackson was a curiosity; then, he humiliated Florida State and became serious. Watson is already firmly set as a star college player. But I don't think people fully accept what Jackson is doing. His passing is good, but no one can tackle him. That will include Clemson. So yes, Jackson will outperform Watson.

Felder

Statistically? Yes. I expect he puts up big numbers against the Tigers in spots. Chunk yardage plays as a result of miscues are going to create a stat line that is amazing. However, Watson will get the stat that matters: a win.

Georgia Tech was a great tuneup for this Clemson squad from an assignment football standpoint, and if it can stick to the idea of responsibilities, it can succeed where Florida State failed.

For the original article click Here

Offline bchtiger328

• Alumni
  • Tiger Alum, IPTAY REP, season tix holder, ORANGE!
Re: Bleacher Report's Expert College Football Predictions for #Clemson
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 03:01:33 PM »
🤑
"Carolina is in Chapel Hill, USC is in California, and The University in this state always has been and always will be Clemson." Coach Dabo Swinney