News: Welcome to the Tiger Fan Forum! Please log-in or sign-up!

• March 28, 2024, 04:14:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome Guest to The Tiger Fan Forum!
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Premium Member, you will have access to custom avatars, personalized listings, a special forum, and more. TheTigerFanForum.com is almost entirely user funded, so Premium Memberships keeps The TFF running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at TigerFanForum@gmail.com, and please read the Forum Policies section first.

Author Topic: $2 bill documentary  (Read 3112 times)

Offline bchtiger328

• Alumni
  • Tiger Alum, IPTAY REP, season tix holder, ORANGE!
$2 bill documentary
« on: May 18, 2014, 03:54:09 PM »
A documentary on the $2 bill that includes Clemson's place in the $2 bill lore. It would be neat to see this great tradition highlighted if this film ever comes to fruition. See link. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-two-dollar-bill-documentary
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:03:44 PM by bchtiger328 »
"Carolina is in Chapel Hill, USC is in California, and The University in this state always has been and always will be Clemson." Coach Dabo Swinney

Offline bchtiger328

• Alumni
Re: $2 bill documentary
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 04:03:03 PM »
A summary of history from the Clemson University tradition's page. (Credit http://www.clemson.edu/about/traditions.html)

$2 BILL
In 1977, Georgia Tech decided to stop playing football against Clemson. In a show of protest, students and alumni stamped $2 bills with Tiger Paws and used them in Atlanta to illustrate the money Tiger fans spent at athletic events. Today, fans still use $2 bills when attending away games.

"Carolina is in Chapel Hill, USC is in California, and The University in this state always has been and always will be Clemson." Coach Dabo Swinney

Offline bchtiger328

• Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 04:05:49 PM »
I remember using this going to the Gator a Bowl and Peach Bowls when I was a kid. Recently bought a paw stamp and some $2 bills as I will be going to the BC game this October in a Chestnut Hill for my first away game since the early 90's. Also have one framed in my man cave. Go Tigers!!

Offline TigerFan4Life

• Tiger Kitten
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 12:56:36 AM »
Where do you get the paw stamp? I would like to stamp a few.

Offline bchtiger328

• Alumni
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 03:56:16 PM »
Knickerbockers and Tiger Sports Shop both have them. I believe I got mine from Knickerbocker's a few years back. If I remember correctly they had three different sizes.

Offline TKE2005

• TKE Alumni
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 04:14:13 PM »
Looks like I am going to have to take a trip to downtown Clemson here sometime this summer.

Offline Pawsome06

• Alumni
  • C-L-E-M-S-O-N
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 05:45:05 PM »
Is there a date set for when this thing is going to come out?

Offline bchtiger328

• Alumni
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 11:18:16 PM »
If I am not mistaken it is still in preliminary status and trying to get funding.

Offline TKE2005

• TKE Alumni
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 05:04:13 PM »
Yeah I saw the site where they need money to get it off the ground. Only raised around 3 grand out of the $14,000 they need.