News: Welcome to the Tiger Fan Forum! Please log-in or sign-up!

• March 19, 2024, 12:05:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome Guest to The Tiger Fan Forum!
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. If you become a Premium Member, you will have access to custom avatars, personalized listings, a special forum, and more. TheTigerFanForum.com is almost entirely user funded, so Premium Memberships keeps The TFF running! Registration is fast and simple, and basic membership is absolutely free! So join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us at TigerFanForum@gmail.com, and please read the Forum Policies section first.

Author Topic: Clemson, Brad Brownell agree to new six-year contract  (Read 7629 times)

Offline ClemsonTiger

• Administrator
    • The Tiger Fan Forum
Clemson, Brad Brownell agree to new six-year contract
« on: May 23, 2014, 01:34:53 PM »
Clemson, Brad Brownell agree to new six-year contract
By Chip Patterson, cbssports.com

Clemson has agreed to a new six-year contract with head coach Brad Brownell, the school announced on Friday.

The Tigers have a 74-58 record in four seasons under Brownell, reaching the NCAA Tournament in his first season (2010-11) and making it to the NIT semifinals this past season.

"Brad has done a tremendous job building a solid foundation for our basketball program," athletic director Dan Radakovich said in statement released on Friday. "I have the utmost confidence in Brad to continue to build as we compete in the nation's best basketball conference. We're excited to have him lead our program into the future for a long time to come."

Clemson's 23-13 finish was a 10-win improvement from 2012-13, matching the school-record for best single-season turnaround. The team also became just the fourth Tigers team in school history to record double-digit ACC wins.

"I am thrilled to be the head basketball coach at Clemson and take great pride in the many accomplishments of our players on and off the court," Brownell said. "I look forward to building on the success of this past season and believe there is a great deal of positive momentum within the program. I would like to thank Dan Radakovich, President Jim Clements and the Board of Trustees for their confidence in my leadership for the future of our basketball program. I would also like to thank my coaching staff, as well as our current and former players for their hard work and contributions."

According to the The Post & Courier, Brownell is set to make $10.6 million over the span of the new deal.

Brownell, 45, will earn $1.55 million in base salary and supplemental income 2014-15, with that figure steadily increasing each ensuing season until it reaches a $2 million figure in 2019-20.

Coming to Clemson four years ago, Brownell originally was brought in for $900,000 for the 2010-11 season. His contract was amended to pay him $1.2 million in the spring of 2011, then $1.35 million in the spring of 2012.

Brownell's two most successful teams at Clemson have been strong on defense (Top 20 nationally in adjusted defensive efficiency), and the 2013-14 team relied on high-energy forward K.J. McDaniels for most of its offensive production -- though McDaniels also led the ACC in blocks per game ( 2.8 ). With McDaniels off to the NBA Draft, Clemson has a big hole to fill in its rotation in order to hold its ground in the ACC.

Click Here for the original article

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?